Monday, May 22, 2006

Thoughts and other priorities!

The Universe has finally conspired in my favor. The elusive work-life balance has finally tilted lifewards! Today I record my first blog post.

The constant stream of thoughts, opinions and brain waves in my mind have been pleading expression for a long time now and have generally met with sub-ordination to other urgent-but-not important priorities. After all, I am but a mere mortal! At best, these thoughts have found their outlet in frequent phonecalls and occasional mails to friends and family.

Now I hope to diversify the outlets for expression through this blog.

I am using this monday to recover from the departures from routine which were effected during the weekend. Before you presume too much about the nature of my profession and the perks of leisure, let me assure you that this is a rare luxury! Its an aftermath of a good financial year ending and the fact that I have foregone my privileged leave to report into work! So you see. In front of the silver lining is a big grey cloud. But eternal optimist that I am, the glimmer of the silver lining is not lost on me!

The departure from routine i mentioned earlier was the XLRI Alumni meet in Mumbai which was quite a burst of social activity. The evening had its fair share of animated conversations and shaking of the leg till the wee hours of the morning. A lot of catching up was done with seniors, super seniors, juniors and the freshest batch of water-rats (read: Class of 2007). A restrained bit of indulgence was shown towards refreshments of the liquid variety to further enhance the flavor of the evening. Nostalgia found ample expression.

All in all, the evening made me prouder and happy to be part of the XL fraternity. May it flourish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home